Svenska Dogo-Presa Canarioforumet.
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.
Svenska Dogo-Presa Canarioforumet.

Dogo-Presa Canarioforum

HemHem  GalleriGalleri  Latest imagesLatest images  SökSök  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga in  

Breedin fawn/fawn

Gå ner 
4 posters
FörfattareMeddelande
case

case

Antal inlägg : 377

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyons jan 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Well, is it a good thing to have a combination of two fawn dogs?
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
GOXY

Antal inlägg : 25

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyons jan 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Why not? It's just a matter of color!

CH Esp. Serach de Garehagua(winner of monografica 2007.) is from the mating of two fawn dog (Terrife x Agora).
CH Serach
Breedin fawn/fawn Serachzaforum
Breedin fawn/fawn Serach

Terrife
Breedin fawn/fawn Terrife

Agora de Garehagua
Breedin fawn/fawn Agoraw

And all this three dogs are from Canary Islands and all in the pedigree of Vader de Barnacan Bull (father of future litters)
Eva
Admin
Eva

Antal inlägg : 677

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyons jan 19, 2011 7:59 pm

I have a grand son to Serach at home Wink a red little boy....

I think what case is on about is that fawn/fawn a lot of the time can cause "dirty fawns".
I have a female whose mother is from a fawn/fawn breeding and she had a litter mate who got grey and tan in colour.

There has also been a fawn/fawn breedin in norway causing red nose puppys in the litter.

But I have no idea what in the genetics that gives those problems, obviously it does not always happen in fawn/fawn breedings, i think i remember reading they dont do it in breeds like great dane and french bulldog though.

How ever, good luck with your litter and it will be interesting to see how they turn out! Smile

Please keep us updated with pics when the little ones pops out!

Kind regards Eva
case

case

Antal inlägg : 377

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyons jan 19, 2011 8:10 pm

No offense, I think the litter can be great!!! It's got all the potential in the world, but my thoughts of fawn X fawn is what Eva wrote.

Good luck with the litter and keep us updated!
Bente

Antal inlägg : 303

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyons jan 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Eva skrev:
I have a grand son to Serach at home Wink a red little boy....

I think what case is on about is that fawn/fawn a lot of the time can cause "dirty fawns".
I have a female whose mother is from a fawn/fawn breeding and she had a litter mate who got grey and tan in colour.

There has also been a fawn/fawn breedin in norway causing red nose puppys in the litter.

But I have no idea what in the genetics that gives those problems, obviously it does not always happen in fawn/fawn breedings, i think i remember reading they dont do it in breeds like great dane and french bulldog though.

How ever, good luck with your litter and it will be interesting to see how they turn out! Smile

Please keep us updated with pics when the little ones pops out!

Kind regards Eva

It has to do with what colorgenetics the dogs carry. If both parent carry genes for brown(They don't have to show it themselves), you may get the "red-noses". if the not carry brown, all get black noses. But you really don't know until the litter is borned... The dirty fawns are actually not wrong according to standard. The individuals just have more black hairs in their fur study

Is there any health and mental-results on the parents? Just curious sunny
GOXY

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptytor jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm

I do not want to offend anyone here, but I just posted an ad.
I have earlier experience with other breeds before I started with DC. I am not a beginner in cynology. From my experience ... You can not just look at genetics as the theoretical. In practice, there are separate instances. Genetics is not a pattern. Genetics is very broad and complex thing.

About "dirty fawn" ... coat puppies is a different matter from the coat of the adult dog.
It is not exclusively related only to the fawn!
I set up the pictures of a puppy that was born as a "dirty fawn" which came out of two brindle parents!
dirty fawn(grey):
Breedin fawn/fawn 2yp0mcx
later:
Breedin fawn/fawn 23wnuo2
Breedin fawn/fawn Dwfmuc
...and a month ago:
Breedin fawn/fawn Dscf3363h
Out of this parents:
mother
Breedin fawn/fawn 2dabzfb
father
Breedin fawn/fawn 2nbavzd
These are not pictures of my dogs!
These pictures have nothing to do with this ad!
Dessa är inte bilder av mina hundar!
Dessa bilder har ingenting att göra med den här annonsen!

... and about a red nose ... Do not think that red nose can only occur in fawn only because it is the brightest or most similar colors. I saw a red nose puppy that has come out from other two dark brindle parent.
One should be clear: the gene for coat color and pigment gene (from which recessive can get to the red nose) are two different genes !!!!!!! Red nose has nothing to do with the color of dog`s coat! That is why is possible even the combination of two dark brindle parents can get a red nose in puppy. If one of parent carries the red nose recessive pigment gene, then is possibile to some puppies get red nose.
That's why I say that genetics is very broad and complex thing! It's not a little pattern!

In the pedigree of my dogs does not have any ancestor with a red nose or is any transferred red nose to their puppies (as far as I know).

This is only supposed to be an ad, and now has become a topic of the heritability of genes. Sad
I believe in mating that I made. And time will tell!

Bente

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyfre jan 21, 2011 9:02 am

Hi again Very Happy

Yes, genetics are really complex, and also very exciting in my opinion cheers Nothing is for sure. I had the opportunity to participate in several days with an expert in coat genetics, and it was very interesting. My english is probably not good enough to explain what I mean in the best way, but I'll try anyways sunny There is absolutely not my intention to be mean! I just think it's interesting when someone does the fawnxfawn combination. It would be intersting to hear from you when the litter hits the ground?

I was following one of the fawnxfawn combinations here in Norway, and the difference in the noses is that the two fawns with red noses kept the red nose also as adults. We've seen light noses in puppies before, but they turn black in time. But the danger of getting red noses that stays red has to do with the brown gene in the fawn dogs. No of the ancestors in this combination had red noses either, but it showed that both parents is carriers of the brown gene. But I have to mention that the mother of the litter herself also was from fawnxfawn combination, so many fawns are present in the pedigree!

We've had fawnxfawn combinations in Norway too with no red noses, so it is no "rule" that fawnxfawn gives this red color, but it may appear.

One of the puppies also got a really dirty fawn, she looked like a kind of black and tan, and was named "Coffee" due to her color. I haven't seen her as an adult, but she was clearly very, very dark, not just "some black hairs". Some of the others was just dirty, and has developed a nice fawn as adults.

I really hope your combination gives you great and healthy pups, and that you avoid both red noses and very dirty fawns flower

I wish you the best of luck with your combination sunny

PS! Does any of the parents have any results on health or mentality?
GOXY

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyfre jan 21, 2011 3:14 pm

I know that my English is not good. Maybe I'm not well written and you did not understand me ...
So here is a picture that speaks 1000 words
This puppy's parents: mother (Color: Bardino Gris) and father (Color: Bardino Rojo)
Breedin fawn/fawn Rednose
So please stop talking to red nose comes only from the mating fawn x fawn ... this is nonsense! Look picture up here, that is puppy from combination of two brindle parents!
The gene for coat color and pigment gene (from which recessive can get to the red nose) are two different genes !!!!!!! Red nose has nothing to do with the color of dog`s coat!
Eva
Admin
Eva

Antal inlägg : 677

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyfre jan 21, 2011 5:16 pm

well i dont know about the rednose-bit, as far as i know the reason for not mating fawn/fawn in other breeds are dirty fawn, and then i dont mean dirty fawn with some black hairs, i mean grey dogs...

I actually owned a pitbull after two fawn parents and this is how she turned out:

Breedin fawn/fawn Braces01

She had some compleatly fawn siblings but some even more grey then she, and i have seen a couple of dogo canarios that color too.

and that will pop up in fawn/fawn...but still not at all in every litter, and a bit of grey is no problem and will usually grow away...

Both my canarios has fawn/fawn matings close, the mother of my bitch is from a fawn/fawn litter, and my male is a grandson to Serach so....i certeinly dont judge that...
Bente

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Emptyfre jan 21, 2011 7:19 pm

GOXY skrev:
I know that my English is not good. Maybe I'm not well written and you did not understand me ...
So here is a picture that speaks 1000 words
This puppy's parents: mother (Color: Bardino Gris) and father (Color: Bardino Rojo)
Breedin fawn/fawn Rednose
So please stop talking to red nose comes only from the mating fawn x fawn ... this is nonsense! Look picture up here, that is puppy from combination of two brindle parents!
The gene for coat color and pigment gene (from which recessive can get to the red nose) are two different genes !!!!!!! Red nose has nothing to do with the color of dog`s coat!

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it does only come from fawns(but it is a risk at least in a fawnxfawn combination), but it is more often a product of fawnxfawn combinations - I should have been clearer sunny

And I agree, it has nothing to do with the color of the coat, it's the genes... as i said earlier...

And about the picture above: ther's no doubt that those parent carry brown.
Sponsored content

Breedin fawn/fawn Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Breedin fawn/fawn   Breedin fawn/fawn Empty

Breedin fawn/fawn
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Svenska Dogo-Presa Canarioforumet. :: Allmänt om DC :: Genetik, avel, rasstandard-
Hoppa till: